Quantcast

Scientific/Species Data in OSM Database - Collaborators

Scientific/Species Data in OSM Database - Collaborators – Hi, I have been looking through the wiki for more information about "appopriate data". I would like to meet more of the people st...
Hi I'm interested in the topic, but haven't been contributing information yet. Some immediate issues that come to mind: Most areas would have mo...
Re: Scientific/Species Data in OSM Database - Collaborators – Mikel Maron <mikel_maron@...> wrote: > Hi > > I'm interested in the topic, but haven't been contributing information > yet. &g...
Re: Scientific/Species Data in OSM Database - Collaborators – Is it against policy to store all of it in the OSMF DB? a On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM, John F. Eldredge <john@...>wrote: > ...
Different things can be mapped in the natural science field... For fauna, you may want to map either a particular observation ("I've seen t...
On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Gilles Bassière <gbassiere@...>wrote: > > The case of flora might be easier because plants don't ...
It's not directly against policy to store all of these in the OSM DB (without F), but it's kind of bad practice. You should ask yourself the fo...
2012/10/22 Peter Wendorff <wendorff@...>: > I guess, that most species don't have fixed areas, where one can say > "species X r...
Re: Scientific/Species Data in OSM Database - Collaborators – Regardless of where the data is stored, is there a general model for how to use OSM when tying OSM-based info to external data sets? For examp...
after chat with Alex i am agreeing with his idea, about OSM = Wikipedia also. we can store all information related to map. I like this co...
Hi, There is still no enough tags for encoding species? We also have species datasets which are released on Data Hub http://thedatahub.org/da...
i am interest with biodiversity, right now, i create a database, and yes, it is opensource see the website www.strainstory.com, we have both b...